PC Advisor site different appearance

FatboySlim71 23:19 24 Dec 2008

I have just visited the PC Advisor site for the first time for a few days and have noticed that it looks different, by this I mean the usual PC Advisor graphics and the other graphics, buttons/tabs are missing and also the general layout looks different than usual.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is there some site maintenance work being done that I have missed hearing about?

Forum Editor 23:47 24 Dec 2008

is site maintenance, and we haven't altered the layout in any way, so I'm at a loss over this.

Perhaps it was a temporary glitch at your end - did you try refreshing your browser cache?

Kev.Ifty 23:50 24 Dec 2008

Using IE. Apart from the odd Advert I cannot see any changes.

Have you installed any New Anti-Virus or Pop up/Advert type software?

perpetual motion 00:15 25 Dec 2008

deffo a software issue imho...somethings new..? his end

perpetual motion 00:16 25 Dec 2008

oh happy christmas boys.. dont think there is many of us here at mo..lol

spuds 00:25 25 Dec 2008

Possibly depends on what browser that you are using. IE7 and Firefox can provide different result!.

rdave13 00:31 25 Dec 2008

Have a good Christmas, perpetual motion and FatboySlim71, Kev.Ifty and FE.
Keep the Jack Daniels at a low level glass FatboySlim71..;-))

FatboySlim71 09:16 25 Dec 2008

Just went back on my computer now and all is back to the usual layout and appearance.

FE I realize it is Christmas :-) but I just thought they may have been some urgent maintenance that had needed done.

I am at a miss to what the cause was has I have installed nothing new.

I don't suppose it could have been an ISP issue?

The problem did appear on IE7 and Firefox.

Anyway thanks to everyone who replied and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2009. :-)

Forum Editor 09:39 25 Dec 2008

Yes, it could. The symptoms you describe sound as if the page was being loaded from a cache, and if your ISP caches our pages that could be the answer.

FatboySlim71 10:01 25 Dec 2008

Thanks FE, and a Merry Christmas to you and your family and also to everyone on here.

tullie 10:15 25 Dec 2008

Isent it great when kids have grown up,and you dont have to get up at the crack of dawn?Merry xmas everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?