PC Advisor podcast

paul trotter 14:10 30 Oct 2007

After a trial run during the summer, the PC Advisor podcast has returned.

click here

We've tweaked the format slightly and plan to continue to develop it over the next few months. Hopefully those of you who haven't listened since the very first podcast back in June will agree the production quality has improved somewhat.

But what do you think of the podcast overall, and what would you like us to include in future podcasts?

All feedback welcome.

Paul Trotter, Editor

March Hare 16:33 01 Nov 2007

Exactly how is the PCA podcast accessed? I've had a few attempts but been unable to download it so far.
I want to dowmload individual podcasts as and when a subject interests me, as I do from the BBC site. I don't want all PCA podcasts to be automatically downloaded to my computer.

Some clear instructions would be helpful.

Totally-braindead 16:41 01 Nov 2007

Well I won't be trying it again, started to download it and then thought better of it and cancelled the download and it crashed my computer, well Internet Explorer anyway it didn't effect XP.

paul trotter 17:20 01 Nov 2007

Thanks for the feedback - although we haven't had any other reports of problems with the podcast download. Has anyone else had any trouble?

The simplest way to download it is to go to Feedburner -

click here

and then click on the title of the podcast. Then, save the download to your computer. Once it's downloaded, you can listen to it via Windows Media Player.

Quiller. 17:25 01 Nov 2007

Through your links I am just getting a HTTP404

Managing ed 17:58 01 Nov 2007

...are working okay when I test them. How odd. You can also click on the 'Podcast' link on the menu at the top lefthand corner of every page. This takes you to our feedburner page, to listen to an individual podcast you simply click on the relevant file. In this case: 'November 2007: laptops, broadband and software for free'. You can subscribe on the same Feedburner page - the instructions are top right. Drop us an email if you continue to struggle: we need to know if there are problems.

And if you like the sounds of our voices, Paul and I are available for weddings, cinema voiceovers and personalised answerphone messages.

Matt Egan
Managing Editor

March Hare 18:14 01 Nov 2007

Clicking on a title on the feedburner page gives me a 404 not found page.

click here

Maybe something needs resetting on my browser?

Quiller. 18:16 01 Nov 2007

Clicking on all the hyperlinks give me

click here with ie 7

and

click here with latest firefox.

I'll go and check my settings:-(

rdave13 19:46 01 Nov 2007

Same here; "The requested URL /idgcomm_vitalstream_com/PCA/podcastID1/PCA7.7.m4a was not found on this server."

rdave13 19:55 01 Nov 2007

Just started working now. Using Opera browser and running on Quick Time player.

March Hare 20:36 01 Nov 2007

Just had another attempt and this time the file downloaded, but now there's another snag.
It will play on the computer in WMP, but won't play on my mp3 player - the file suffix is m4a. The podcasts from the BBC site are mp3 files, so play on my mp3 player. Just Googled m4a, apparently it's a 'new improved' format. But if it won't play on my mp3 player it's no good to me. Progress? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?