PC Advisor Awards 2010 winners announced

simonjary 15:26 07 Jan 2010

We've announced the winners of PC Advisor's first-ever Awards.

click here&

Any surprises?

morddwyd 20:34 07 Jan 2010

And the first thing I get is the damned Blackberry ad.

No Simon, no surprises there.

Don't know about the actual list.

I backed out.

Autoschediastic 20:50 07 Jan 2010

My wife has the Blackbery storm 2 & ive got the Iphone (16 gig) i dont see what the big thing is about the Storm.> & the Iphone i regret getting it! although i do like it! i dissagree that Apple wont let users bluetooth to NON Iphones.? & you need a headset inserted to make the bluetooth active.? then there's the Syncing music.?? no Drop & drag.? what a mess...i do hope the Google Phone knocks the ego off Apple!

Forum Editor 23:17 07 Jan 2010

Well, I found myself reaching for my credit card.

I've been hovering on the brink of ordering a new digital compact camera to carry in my pocket when I travel, rather than lugging my DSLR and lenses around. The Canon G11 was the front runner until I saw that the Lumix DMC-TZ7 had been awarded 'Best compact camera'.

I read some other reviews and decided to take the plunge. The Lumix is now on its way.

Forum Editor 23:32 07 Jan 2010

I found it reasonably easy to click on the prominent 'Close this ad' link.

morddwyd 06:42 08 Jan 2010

Didn't say it was hard.

Just couldn't be bothered.

Like some others, I'm a bit fed up with this ad by now.

It must be counter productive to a ceratin degree.

Input Overload 16:11 08 Jan 2010

I can't believe 'Chrome' is the best browser, it's a heap of junk. Both FireFox & Opera beat it.

Input Overload 16:13 08 Jan 2010

The Lumix is a great camera FE, I used to use the Canon EOS digital range but I've taken 1000's of photograph's with it already, more than I used to. The lens is first class.

Input Overload 16:14 08 Jan 2010

(It) being the Lumix.

donki 16:36 08 Jan 2010

I had the Lumix and was quite happy with it apart from noise at relitively low ISO, I take alot of longer exposure landscapes and also was visiable in darker conditions. I liked the idea of the 10x ZOOM until i came to use it without a tripod, nearly impossible to get a good shoot on high zoom without a tripod. I sold it on Ebay and got a G10, was a little bigger than the Lumix and some might say not as attractive but took pictures as good as my 450d with a decent lens.

Hope I havent burst ur Friday bubble, like I said I was quite happy with it but since I bought it for the zoom and image quality it didnt suit my needs. The HD 720 is intresting though.

Quickbeam 16:37 08 Jan 2010

Out of the list, the things I've bought in the last year are the Samsung N110 (love it), Sony Reader (can't put it down... books are so yeasterday), Nokia 5800 (on contract), and I'm waiting for the Olympus E-p2 to arrive now they're in stock (now that's something I've been waiting for for a few years, a compact camera with a reasonably big sensor and a lens system).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017