PC Advisor - alienating readers?

springles 12:44 10 Jan 2006

Hi there,

I read the competition page to win a watch in the February issue of PC Advisor with interest followed by dismay. Clearly the editorial team assume that their readers are all men as there were no women's watches to be won. Please don't alienate us women - I do all the pc maintenance in our house, with the help of your magazine and forums. Do other female readers feel likewise?

Barbara

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:27 10 Jan 2006

The watches are unisex...welcome to 2006 ;-))

G

pj123 17:52 10 Jan 2006

I have just been to the Competition page and there is nothing on there that says "Unisex"

It shows two Watches but both (to me) look like watches for men. So maybe springles has a point.

freaky 18:03 10 Jan 2006

They are masculine watches for females

spuds 18:10 10 Jan 2006

If you are as lucky as me, then you have no chance of winning them anyway :o).

SG Atlantis® 18:16 10 Jan 2006

"They are masculine watches for females"

to me, they are masculine watches for masculine females.

Looks like mens watches to me, they don't look nice, I wouldn't wear one.

It's hardly alienating female readers, the contest is FREE to enter and it's open to all readers, I'd head to click here with it as I said I wouldn't wear it.

John

sattman 18:22 10 Jan 2006

I am sure you will get the official answer to your query.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:38 10 Jan 2006

Before this gets too politically correct, may I point out that there is a competition running to win a PS2. I never use these and I feel that I have been discriminated against!

Let's get real, there is no obligation to enter the competition and if you did win you could wear the watch proudly instead of the normal fluffy bunny ones or Laura Ashley ones for girlies....or, how's this for a brilliant idea, you could give it to a male friend as a present, none of this me, me, me these days!

It is also encouraging to see that in the 21st century, after a century of Womens' rights campaigns, that we are still stereo-typing people into what they should wear due to their sex. Emmeline Pankhurst would be turning in her grave.

G

hzhzhz 18:43 10 Jan 2006

They are persons' watches.

hzhzhz 19:02 10 Jan 2006

Barbara

I dont know why you are whinging.I know plenty of women who wear mens watches. Cant say that i know many men who wear womens watches.

Chegs ®™ 19:04 10 Jan 2006

G,don't start introducing PC notions to this thread,else it'll end up running to 5000+ responses. ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?