Passport price rises for adults and children.

TOPCAT® 16:16 27 Sep 2006

Commences from 5th October this year, so you need to read the rules carefully to see if you could save some money by renewing early. TC.

click here

Cymro. 16:30 27 Sep 2006

Save me having to plough through all that bumf, just tell me what is this Jumbo that now costs more?

€dstowe 16:34 27 Sep 2006

- - -and already the fake passport factories around Hounslow and other major exits from the UK are working overtime making the new un-counterfeitable passports.

€dstowe 16:35 27 Sep 2006

A jumbo passport is one with extra pages (70 pasges, I think) intended for frequent travellers who can expect lots of immigration/emigration stamps in them.

TOPCAT® 17:43 27 Sep 2006

except it has 48 pages.

It seems a trifle unfair that the renewal cost should be the same as for a first application purchaser. However, I note this agency (UKPS) is self supporting and relies totally on revenue generated by its services.

It is the last paragraph on click here - and some calculations that will determine if renewing early will save money. TC.

Forum Editor 18:04 27 Sep 2006

when I renewed in April, which was a stroke of luck.

Cymro. 18:14 27 Sep 2006

So how come that some of my postings were also removed? All I did was fall for it.

Forum Editor 18:32 27 Sep 2006

Relax.

Your postings, if left, would have appeared out of context - they made reference to someone else whose posts have been deleted.

Please contact me via email if you want an explanation of this kind on another occasion.

Bingalau 19:05 28 Sep 2006

I've just applied for my new passport which will, I hope, cost me £51.00 but I believe it goes up to £66.00 on the 5th October, 2006. what annoys me a bit is that I lost out on the rules which give people born about six months before me, a free passport. I know a bloke who left school at the same time as me who is entitled to one and yet I am not. We both left at the age of 14 albeit a few months difference in actual age. We both suffered the bombing periods during the war etc. We both started work at the same time more or less. I'm perplexed as to what the rules and the decision to cut off at a certain age were based on? Incidentally I think the price has been put up, not so much to cover the new technology involved in producing them. But to cover the cost of repatriation of British people who get in trouble when abroad and those who lose their passports etc. The big increase in producing passports for new British residents (immigrants) must also have a bearing on it. ..Bingalau..

anchor 14:15 29 Sep 2006

Bingalau:

Can you explain more about the entitlement to a free passport for older citizens. I have not heard about this before, and can see no reference to it on the government passport site.

Bingalau 18:02 29 Sep 2006

anchor. Sorry for delay I have been "otherwise engaged" as they say. I will see if I can find reference to the rule about the free passport for older lads and lasses. But from memory I am pretty sure it applies to anybody born before September 1929. I know you only get the basic passport though, if you want the bigger sizes (I think there are two of them) you have to pay the difference. I definitely saw this information on the Government Passport site. ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?