part time education

harps1h 20:27 13 May 2005

reading the posts things seem to be quiet here. so look at this. does or have any off you out there done computing at night? and have you any gripes about how it is handled by the by the education boards. eg lack of resources incompetent tutors or course leaders. i would be interested in any views

pj123 16:35 14 May 2005

If you mean evening classes rather than at night, I did my City & Guilds Computers (935) that way.

This was in 1987/88 though. The tutor was very good, there were plenty of computers and printers.

Course, they weren't real computers in those days only BBCs and only worked in Basic and DOS, but it was a good grounding. I can still use both Basic and Dos. Unfortunately, as things progressed I never bothered to learn any other computer language. My last 10 years before I retired was spent teaching IT NVQs Level 1, 2 and 3. I hope I did a good job, at least no-one in my classes failed, although with NVQ there are no actual exams (unlike City & Guilds) only assessments.

Bob The Nob© 00:51 15 May 2005

Well the GCSE ICT is rubbish even the applied GCSE, I have spend two years, five hours a week to learn what VDU means and the various acts. There is no challenges, Theres no programming and even when y I tring to learn it my self, I got kicked off the internet at school. I then hacked in to all of accounts just to get a challenge but the was easy, just shortcut shuff. My ICT teacher is quite knowledgable and so is the techy but everyone else is dumb.
sorry if this is off the plot, If late

Bob The Nob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?