Parking ticket question

Picklefactory 13:14 20 Apr 2009

Managed to get my 1st parking ticket for about 5 years on Saturday, initial inclination was to just pay it and be damned, but just re-read the offence and am wondering as to whether it is correct.
I had parked briefly, fully on a very wide pavement on a red route in Birmingham, leaving heaps of room for passers by and in no way interfering with the road use (At least 3-4 mtrs away from the road). The offense I was ticketed for was

"46N Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway)(red route)"

I thought the clearway/red route rules applied to keeping traffic flowing and not being allowed to park/stop on the road, as I was nowhere near the road, do I have a case to grizzle or should I just shut up and pay it?
Any thoughts?

cruiser2 13:23 20 Apr 2009

Get a copy of the photo which should show your vehicle as oit was parked at the time the ticket was issued.
There are several websites about challenging parking tickets.
Hope you are successful if you challenge it.

Picklefactory 13:26 20 Apr 2009

Any idea how/where I get a copy of the photo? I didn't even know there was one taken, it was simply a parking ticket left on my windscreen.
I'll look for some parking ticket sites too.

Picklefactory 13:32 20 Apr 2009

and it looks like I'm stuffed. Apparently the red route lines applies to road, pavement and verge, which I wasn't aware of, so I'd probably better just take my come uppance and pay the thing.

Pine Man 13:37 20 Apr 2009

As far as all waiting prohibitions go the road includes the footway as well so, for example, double yellow lines on the road apply equally to the footway.

Picklefactory 13:38 20 Apr 2009

Why didn't you tell me that last week? ;o)

Kevscar1 13:39 20 Apr 2009

It is an offence to park on a pavement wether there are any parking restrictions or not so it,s best to pay up

Picklefactory 13:42 20 Apr 2009

OK, I'll come quietly. :o(

HondaMan 15:08 20 Apr 2009

MMmmm!

But ckeck also that the car is described correctly and that all other details, time, date etc are correct. Check out some of the websites as many parking tickets fail on a technicality

tullie 15:11 20 Apr 2009

And in future,dont park on pavements

Picklefactory 16:25 20 Apr 2009

I think I've sussed that one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?