Paris on BBC2 last night.

Pine Man 18:29 11 Jul 2007

Did anybody watch the final program about Paris on BBC2 last night.

About half way through the presenter was talking about Bohemia and watching a classical pianist playing a tune that was very slow (and beautiful).

It is the name of that tune that I am after. I have heard it many times but have no idea what it is called. I am learning to play the piano and thought it would be a nice tune to try and learn.

Forum Editor 18:40 11 Jul 2007

I didn't see it, but I'm there right now (Paris). Tell me where he was playing, and I'll go there and ask him tonight!

Kate B 18:43 11 Jul 2007

If she was talking about Bohemia, could it have been Smetana's Ma Vlast (My Country)? It's the Czech national anthem - the Czech Republic of course including Bohemia, where Smetana came from. Just a guess; I didn't see the programme.

dukeboxhero 18:52 11 Jul 2007

didnt see the series Pine Man but a classical pianist playing a tune that was very slow (and beautiful).
wonder if it could have been LUDOVICO EINAUDI "Giorni Dispari" this is just a stab in the dark pine man , but if not a lovely tune to learn click here

User-1159794 18:55 11 Jul 2007

If in future you here a tune you like,use your mobile phone to get the title.Press 2580 then hold the phone towards the sound for a few seconds,if it has been recognized you'll get a text telling you the title and performer.It only costs 50p.(not sure that is still correct price)
Details here.
click here

Pine Man 19:28 11 Jul 2007

Your response has been inspiring BUT Im afraid neither Kate nor dukeboxhero got it I have now listened to both their suggestions.

FE - I was in Paris a couple of months ago and can't recollect having an overwhelming desire to read Speakers Corner in between visits to amazing buildings and eating/drinking fine wine and food!!

Rapscallion thanks for your input I have made a note of that and maybe somebody will read this who has taped the program and can do as you say and send me the result - and a bill for 50p!

Al94 20:08 11 Jul 2007

I have it recorded and will watch later. Will post back if I know!

IClaudio 21:57 11 Jul 2007

Kate, 'Ma Vlast' is an orchestral Suite, and doesn't include the Czech National Anthem.

I watched the programme, but am ashamed to say that I was entirely captivated by the presenter's beautiful accent, and took no notice of the content... ;)

Macscouse 22:40 11 Jul 2007

You are probably thinking of "The Moldau", part of Ma Vlast, a beautiful piece of music, taking you on a journey down the River Moldau.

Forum Editor 22:49 11 Jul 2007

but not a bohemian pianist in sight, I'm afraid.

IClaudio 22:54 11 Jul 2007

FE

Switch off the computer, go downstairs, and have another brandy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?