Paragon Partition Undelete

14all 18:15 08 Jan 2006

The Paragon Partition Undelete software supplied free on the December 2005 PC Advisor doesn’t really do what it says on the box.

On the first run of this software, the wizard page loaded but the page behind that had a warning that another Paragon program was running so the wizard would be unable to start to and run, eeeer, what other programme!

On the second run I had a corrupted system files, please run scan disc.

To cut a long story short eventually the software wizard started to work, it took about two hours to scan through all the files on the C drive partition in preparation to gain 6.75gb of free space from the D drive.

At the end of the scan a pop up ask me to insert Partition Magic or Manager floppy disc to continue “What floppy disc?” I didn’t have one so the software gave up and closed down with out doing a thing.

Looks like it wasn’t meant to work in the fist place, I am running Win ME & IE 6,
“Anti Virus” and “Fire Wall” programmes turned off along with other running programmes.

pj123 16:55 09 Jan 2006

Are you sure you mean Paragon Partition Undelete?

From what I have just read all that does is undelete a "lost" partition.

You may like to look at the other one on the disc.

Paragon Redistribute Free Space. That looks to me like the one to do what you want.

14all 12:18 10 Jan 2006

pj123

Sorry that’s the one that I was using.

I might be wrong, but it looks like it isn’t a stand-alone product, its normally bundled with Paragon Partition Manager 7.0 as it’s asking for a floppy disc from that software.

Ghylly 19:35 13 Jan 2006

I am having difficulty in getting the registration codes for this "free" program but after reading your comments perhaps I am better off not using it anyway. Maybe safer and cheaper to buy a bigger pc!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017