Overkill

laurie53 15:22 24 Feb 2008

I know the guy's popular with some people, but if I get much more hype about Bruce Forsyth's birthday I might well top myself!

Forum Editor 15:25 24 Feb 2008

You might lose your Brucie bonus.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:34 24 Feb 2008

I hope that I can dance like him when I am his age.

G

lisa02 15:42 24 Feb 2008

Gandalf if you are several Centuries old what age does that make him? A few Millennia?

DANZIG 15:56 24 Feb 2008

I'm not a massive fan of the guy but I was mightily impressed with the clips of him that I saw on the news yesterday. I sincerely hope, but also sincerely doubt, that I've got his energy when I get to his age.

tullie 16:45 24 Feb 2008

Makes me reach for the sick bucket

oresome 20:42 24 Feb 2008

"the BBC seems to believe it needs to fill the time the other channels use for ads with trails."

A public broadcaster has the difficulty that purchased programmes are invariably made for commercial stations and run for only 45 mins or so in the hour to allow for adverts, so they have to fill the time in some how.

Quickbeam 07:58 25 Feb 2008

"the BBC seems to believe it needs to fill the time the other channels use for ads with trails."

Can you remember 30+ years ago when this time was filled with humourous shorts, Tom & Jerry, The Magic Roundabout, Captain Pugwash etc...?

Bring 'em back I say!

laurie53 08:57 25 Feb 2008

For anyone to claim that the BBC does not carry advertising is laughable. It is constantly showing adverts, albeit for it's own products.

It simply doesn't carry commercial, or paid, advertising.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?