Over optimistic program name

Woolwell 19:59 18 Jul 2006

In January 1983 I was sent to the Defence Automated Data Processing Centre for a course entitled “The Fundamentals of Computing”. Having deemed to have passed it I returned to my Joint Service unit to be allowed to play with an Apple IIe and a program called “The Last One”. Basically “The Last One” was a compiler. The idea was that you didn’t need to know any programming language but instead you answered a series of questions and then the program got to work and produced a series of forms or whatever you wanted. More details of this program are at
click here.

The program designers reckoned that you could pick this program up and get something to work quite quickly and you wouldn’t need any other program hence “The Last One”.

Well of course they were wrong. Although I did get it to work and do what we wanted, it most certainly wasn’t the last program I have ever used.

So I put forward “The Last One” as the most overly optimistically named program or most inappropriately named one But I suspect that there are others out there. Someone else may also remember this program.

wolfie3000 21:12 18 Jul 2006

Heres a list of programs i think where mis named

Avast! - No pirates in the program.

Quicktime - not if you download it on dialup

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool - Spybot found more than microsofts

Spyware Terminator - no referances to arnie anywhere

DVD Shrink - my dvd,s stayed the same size

Wolfie

ade.h 21:14 18 Jul 2006

Any number of things with "smart" or "fast" in the title that are/were probably neither smart nor fast!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017