Outlook express

antony.dandrea 19:11 20 Apr 2008

i want to have an outlook express acount for both my yahoo and tiscali account. but i can only recieve mail but not send. but this is because the SMTP is not the ISP address. but it dont work with that address. so basically you can only have an outlook account with the isp account and the address they give you. but i dont have that. i think microsoft should do some research.

VoG II 19:19 20 Apr 2008

I assume that Tiscali is your ISP. In that case you need to set the SMTP setting to the same as the Tiscali account in the settings for Yahoo.

I fail to see what this has got to do with MS.

Forum Editor 19:23 20 Apr 2008

take the advice you've been given by VoG™, and next time post problems like this in the helproom.

antony.dandrea 19:24 20 Apr 2008

I dont have an ISP. My dad has it and the account is in his name. That is why the tiscali doesnt work nor Yahoo, cos i dont have a Post office (ISP) account

interzone55 20:16 20 Apr 2008

Does Tiscali not give multiple accounts?

Try checking out Tiscali's help pages before ranting on here.

click here

THen have a look at Yahoo's help pages regarding POP

click here

When you've done that get to bed, tomorrow is a schoolday...

Forum Editor 23:41 20 Apr 2008

All you need to do is enter the SMTP server address for the ISP you use to connect to the internet. That will enable you to send outbound mail to any address.

Then, enter the POP inbound server address for the mailbox you want to access - that will enable you to retrieve mail from the mailbox, even though it might be with another company.

You'll have to set up a separate Outlook Express account for each inbound mailbox, but use the same SMTP server address for both of them.

That's what VoG™ told you four hours ago. What has the Post Office got to do with it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?