Others On-Line

MrNerdy 18:04 23 Apr 2007

Is there anyway to see what other users are on-line at the same time?

wolfie3000 18:08 23 Apr 2007

Not really,

Im sure FE has a way but us mear mortals cant.

Forum Editor 18:15 23 Apr 2007

but we have no plans to add this facility to the site. It would be meaningless, in any case - the figure runs into thousands at busy times.

Kate B 18:17 23 Apr 2007

And I bet a lot of them are like me - I have it open in a tab in Firefox but am doing something else so might not be taking part.

Forum Editor 18:28 23 Apr 2007

Hundreds and hundreds are like you. Many more are even less active - they log in regularly, but have never posted.

Some people from way back log in every day - I recognise familiar names from years ago - but remain silent, almost as if they can't quite give up the old place. They're welcome though, and I find their presence strangely comforting at times. Occasionally one of them will email me a supportive little message - especially when I've been given a forum bashing over something.

amonra 20:49 23 Apr 2007

FE.
You bring tears to my eyes.................

p;3 21:40 23 Apr 2007

I have a spare tissue if you need it

but; I too have often wondered about the numbers and names of those on line; BUT I think that info would load an already busy server?

STREETWORK 21:47 23 Apr 2007

heaven forbid listing on-line users...

But I agree with FE, comforting to know regular posters here, and in Belgium...

Forum Editor 01:30 24 Apr 2007

I know. Sad, isn't it?

exdragon 08:53 24 Apr 2007

Do you mean you know whenever I'm logged in?? Why on earth haven't you told me to get a life??

Hope you got back from Belgium ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?