Opposition are a bunch of Idiots

birdface 12:12 24 May 2012
Answered

No we are not talking about Football we are talking about what the Prime Minister called the opposition party yesterday.A Bunch of idiots were the exact words.

When I heard him say it yesterday in the House of Commons I waited for the Speaker to reprimand him and to make him apologize.there was no apology as such he just rephrased the answer differently.

Looks like you can call whoever whatever you like.This from The prime Minister who is supposed to show an example to everyone and he may well wonder why there are so many ill mannered people in the country and he can count himself to be one of those.

Al94 12:33 24 May 2012

They proved that when they were in Government!

finerty 12:51 24 May 2012

It goes to show Cameron is the biggest idiot of them all and it takes an idiot to know an idiot.

May be Cameron needs one of those idiots guides on how to be an idiot. for him to realise his n idiot

Mr Mistoffelees 12:54 24 May 2012

If I say here what I think of the current PM, and his government, Peter the FE will kick me off this site permanently. Suffice to say, as a person struggling with mental illness and on benefits, they have made my life a lot more difficult than it need be.

Woolwell 12:59 24 May 2012

He didn't call the opposition a "bunch of idiots" . They were not the exact words. He actually referred to Ed Balls and said "Which we would not have if we listened to the muttering idiot sitting opposite me". See Hansard. He then on being told to withdraw it, he replaced it. He made an error irritated by the interruption. He was wrong and perhaps misguided but he is not an idiot. As for having to be an idiot to know one, perhaps less said.

wee eddie 13:08 24 May 2012

Politicians are no idiots.

They live very well at our expense.

If they get to the Cabinet, or Shadow Cabinet, they are set up for life.

While it is totally illegal to bribe a Politician, or a Member of the Armed Forces, the implicit suggestion that there be a job/consultancy for him/her after they have left their position is hard/impossible to prove, but easy enough to observe, several years down the line.

Joseph Kerr 13:42 24 May 2012

Not letting any prejudice influence you of course, fourm member.

This is but the latest occasion on which our unfit leader has lost his temper. Here's to many more, the sooner to be rid of him.

And I had a little sympathy with him when he first came into power. For shame!

Woolwell 13:57 24 May 2012

wee eddie - I assume that you are referring to MP's for a job/consultancy after they have left. I wish that was true for the vast majority of those who were in the Armed Forces.

spuds 15:16 24 May 2012

Who would want to be a politician?

I suppose after the 'debate' it was a case of "round my house friend, for a brandy or two"?.

Bapou 15:24 24 May 2012

Quentin Letts of the Daily Mail told it as it happened, correctly. Amazing!

Joseph Kerr 15:37 24 May 2012

Letts has never been amazing.

"arrogant" "nasty party" indeed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017