This is an open forum??

zimzala 23:23 08 Jan 2007

wee eddie wrote in response to another thread..

"So don't worry yourself. If FE is a tyrant, it is with our cognisance and support.Just toddle along to some other forum where I am sure you will be appreciated."

It is a forum to say as you wish as long as you don't break the forum rules.

Freedom of speech????

lisa02 23:29 08 Jan 2007

"This is the place for lively and thought-provoking debate with other forum members. There's no need to restrict discussions to computing, or computer related topics, but be warned... we don't condone religious intolerance, sexism, racism, bad language, personal abuse, partisan politics or libellous statements. The Forum Editor's decision on such matters is final, and posts which break the rules will be removed without prior warning."

Note: Forum Editor's decision on such matters is final

also click here

Bob The Nob© 23:34 08 Jan 2007

Yes, it is an open forum. FE only remove topics and posts that he thinks the magazine could be sued for.

If you slag off a brand name without an explanation then he might put his foot down, and yes some people dont always agree with him, but if you stick by the rules you shouldn't go astray!

But even the 'old hands' on the site i.e VoG, DJohn, P;3 and lots of others that are very friendly and kind also feel the wrath of the silver mouse!

(Sorry if I missed out your name!)

If you believe you views aren't getting notice because FE removes them or people dont respond, try a different forum.

Bob

zimzala 23:40 08 Jan 2007

Hi,
I am fine with this open forum and look forward to many discussions.

Care to you all
Di

Forum Editor 00:05 09 Jan 2007

abide by our commonsense rules, and you'll be fine. I pointed out that you can download a copy of the rules via the link that's on all the main forum pages.

I suggest that you do that, and perhaps take a few days to get acquainted with the way we work. I'm sure you'll find many interesting discussions to which you can contribute.

Just remember that 'freedom of speech' is a priviledge, not an automatic right. You can't just say anything that comes into your head, and expect to get away with it.

Bob The Nob© 00:09 09 Jan 2007

Thats what I should have done when I first joined, instead it took me longer to get to know the place. Ooops!

Forum Editor 00:20 09 Jan 2007

I'm very friendly and kind too, you know.

Bob The Nob© 00:31 09 Jan 2007

I know. I just personally think somethings you are a bit picky.

(ah, please dont delete me all master of the internet FE)

but most of the time, you decisions are right :)

Forum Editor 04:43 09 Jan 2007

Maybe if I wasn't sometimes a bit picky this forum wouldn't be a very pleasant place.

egapup 08:27 09 Jan 2007

Hmm, some decisions are a bit harsh.

hijo 08:54 09 Jan 2007

egapup u are right FE has deleted some of my responces even though they are not in any way offensive ie: i explaind my circumstances on a post made the other day about "the police's responces" & i went into a bit of detail about the fact that i was burgled a few yrs ago & that iam STILL waiting for the police to pick up my evidence...but FE deleted my post without giving me a reason....& thats not good service,maybe FE forgets that without us & our post's he would have a lot of spare time on his/her hands...there was no need to delete my post but as is known hes loves favoritism on this forum & he has his fav's..:-)
iam but just another number on this forum but iam sure FE will respect my honesty...thankx
H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone