open all hours

martd7 18:13 19 Dec 2013
Answered

Those of you that may be interested may have seen Arkrights corner shop is back to our screens on boxing day.Granville(David Jason) is now the owner some 28yrs after the last episode was originally shown,i cannot wait for this timely classic in hope it will capture the essence of Ronnie barker

rdave13 18:31 19 Dec 2013

I find that, usually, resurrections of great classic shows turn out to be a flop as expectations are high. With David Jason, though, this might be an exception and I hope so.

Aitchbee 18:49 19 Dec 2013

Thanks for the timely 'heads up', mart7 ... I will be 'able and willing' to watch it. DJ is a superb performer.

martd7 20:02 19 Dec 2013

I have read nurse gladys and a few of the shops original customers will make appearances,should spice it up a little

bumpkin 20:12 19 Dec 2013

Hello mart7, it is a job to know where to post this, here or spuds thread or brumas's. I met Ronnie Barker in a junk shop in Ickenham. I was just having a browse myself. A pleasant enough man and when I asked him what he was looking for he told me old postcards as he collected them.

Brumas 22:28 19 Dec 2013

bumpkin ,Ronnie Barker has wrote at least 7, to my knowledge, books about postcards. Fran has them all and tells me they useful, very interesting, risque but at the same time tasteful!

I have just had a quick perusal of a couple, purely for research purposes and must admit he did have taste ;o}]

pavvi 22:33 19 Dec 2013

Bumpkin

You missed a trick there - you should have said you were looking for Fork handles:

click here

Classic!

woodchip 23:27 19 Dec 2013

pavvi that's the one, that came to my mind. it can not be brought back, the past is past

bumpkin 23:28 19 Dec 2013

pavvi, have a look here if the link works AKA Ossie click here

bumpkin 23:30 19 Dec 2013

edit Ozzie not Ossie

bumpkin 23:35 19 Dec 2013

I tried to joke with him but he said billhooks or something similar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?