Only Internation Velvet

Input Overload 11:52 13 Jul 2007

I had a strange experience yesterday, I keep on my H:\ drive just software, paid for in one folder, & free in another and a few backups in other folders. I clicked on my H drive yesterday & there was just one folder called 'International Velvet'. I wondered what on earth had happened so I closed H and looked again & all was as normal & have had no problems since.

The strange thing is I haven’t downloaded or looked at anything remotely called International Velvet. I haven't seen the film for donkeys years. I have searched all drives and I don't have a folder hidden or otherwise called International Velvet & where did all my folders go. A mystery?

spuds 13:31 13 Jul 2007

An hacker maybe ;o)

Forum Editor 19:03 13 Jul 2007

that film.

Input Overload 19:04 13 Jul 2007

Gasp, the missing link.

Bingalau 19:07 13 Jul 2007

FE. You should have put that in the "Claim to Fame" thread... Mind you I thought you were younger than that, or is this a remake of the film?

Forum Editor 19:18 13 Jul 2007

I was very young when the film was made, in 1978. I'm in the audience when the horse is walked into the arena in front of Tatum O'Neale. We had to clap and cheer as if our lives depended on it.

Bingalau 19:27 13 Jul 2007

FE. The version I am thinking of had Elizabeth Taylor in as the star. I think it was made either during the war or just after. I think she was still an evacuee then. So the version you were starring in must have been a remake.

Input Overload 19:33 13 Jul 2007

Bingalau, It may have been the original ;-)

bluto1 20:31 13 Jul 2007

The version with Elizabeth Taylor was called 'National Velvet'. I've got a copy of International Velvet on video tape so I'll have a look for FE, just to see if I can recognise him.

Kate B 12:55 14 Jul 2007

A friend of mine's daughter is in Notting Hill - she's one of the two little girls frolicing in the park in the final scene.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone