Online Shopping just got painful...

Sir Radfordin 12:28 02 Dec 2006

You can tell the world thinks Christmas is nearly here because it has just taken me about 30 minutes to process an order on Amazon. Was like going back to the days of dial up when nothing happened for ages.

Glad I was told to do my shopping this early otherwise it would have been even more frustrating! Let's just hope that Royal Mail do their part!

And as a gift to those not aware of them:

Find the Best CD price: click here

Find the best DVD price: click here

Very hit and miss as to what is cheap in different places!

Kate B 12:38 02 Dec 2006

*sighs heavily* I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet. I'm a nocturnal creature, though, so I'll hit Amazon with a big order in the wee small hours this week when most people are in bed.

€dstowe 13:03 02 Dec 2006

I've written this before but, it might be worth repeating and possibly acting upon.

I, and most of the other members of my family, start Christmas shopping when the shops open again after Christmas. Recently, this has quite often become Boxing day.

We exchange small token gifts on the day itself before, or during, the meal.

We then have our present exchanging and a family party sometime early in the New Year.

Doing it like this saves an enormous amount of money, time and temper.

spuds 13:06 02 Dec 2006

Slightly off tangent and apologies for that, but I was in the local out of town shopping complex yesterday. The place was absolutely teeming with people spending money, and queues were every where. Must be plenty of money around. But with all the activity, this got me thinking, do people work now on Fridays or is this a part of an extended weekend nowadays, making more spare time for some people!.

PurplePenny 13:48 02 Dec 2006

We used to that too: small gifts on Chtistmas Day, big gifts on 12th Night.

We stopped doing it because we found that we would spot something perfect before Christmas and then worry that it would sell out before 12th Night. We also found that even when it didn't sell out it still wasn't in the sale so we didn't save anything.

Forum Editor 14:02 02 Dec 2006

buying presents for the children,nieces and nephews, etc.

She does all the present buying each year, and she has my eternal gratitude - all I have to worry about is providing the money and buying presentgs for her. I have it easy, and thank God for Amazon.

Last year the company shipped 108 million packages in the pre-Christmas sale period - 3.6 million of those being ordered in one day (12th December). This year they will exceed those totals by a long way - a large Parcel Force lorry will leave Amazon's Milton Keynes Warehouse every fifteen minutes. Online shopping has really come of age.

Kate B 17:09 02 Dec 2006

And so say all of us!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?