One thing not on my Christmas List ...

Dragon_Heart 01:42 17 Dec 2009

From about the first week of November I start getting bombarded with junk mail for 'must have' Christmas presents.

Some of these I actually read .... like the gadget ones.

One in particular caught my eye this year.

Those Swiss army knives with all the blades etc. we they now produce one with almost 100 thing for getting stones out of grapes etc.

.... the cost

...... wait for it

....... £500 !!!!!!

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all those companies who sent me paper junk mail ........ it gets shredded and bulks up my compose bin :-)

Forum Editor 07:22 17 Dec 2009

I've longed for a knife that could get the pips out of a grape. Especially useful, now that most grapes seem to come without pips.

johndrew 10:40 17 Dec 2009

Once upon a time a good knife came with a tool for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves ;-)

onionskin 10:59 17 Dec 2009

I wouldn't survive without my Swiss army knife, I can't get stuff out of its packaging without it.

knockin on 11:32 17 Dec 2009

The value of all this junk mail is only realised when, like me, you are sitting at home, freezing cold, damp and mould tearing at your vitals and thinking Please God, you know I need double glazing, can't you make someone push a leaflet through my door, or even shout at me on my TV?
I was given a super knife last year: I cannot get it out of its' packaging.

Legolas 12:34 17 Dec 2009

To get the 'hard to remove from it's packaging knife'out of it's hard to remove packaging you need the 'get the knife out of the hard to remove packaging knife' this knife comes with easy to remove packaging and is perfect for getting the 'hard to remove from it's packaging knife' out of it's hard to remove packaging. ;))

Picklefactory 12:55 17 Dec 2009

Are you a consultant by any chance? :o)

Legolas 16:45 17 Dec 2009

Lol no just slightly perverse ;)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017