The One and Only

Al94 22:20 05 Jan 2008

Is anyone else watching this c***p on BBC 1 tonight? My wife had it on and I forced myself to watch it as I couldn't believe how awful it was. I have seen much better in karaoke bars abroad! What a disgraceful waste of licence payers money and peak time viewing on BBC!

Earthsea 22:32 05 Jan 2008

So what's new?

Mr Mistoffelees 23:31 05 Jan 2008

Millions of people, who's heads could be fairly described as braincell-free zones, will have enjoyed that program.

Forum Editor 23:45 05 Jan 2008

It's a so-called talent contest programme - am I right?

i spent £135 yesterday, on a telly license..........
i have not watched tv for 18 months, i have tried once or twice but found it all too painful! i used to like top gear, that seems a little too scripted nowadays. when i stopped drinking i found about 30 dvds (many still in cellaphane) i keep meaning to get round to watching them but i seem to lose concentration after about 5 minutes.
sometimes i turn it on for company, but find it very annoying with a load of band wagon wanna be american audience screeching jeremy kyle type shows (i love some of Gandalfs fitted phrases.
i could quite easily get rid of my tv, i think even in my drinking days, i just used to stare at it. i find the net much more interesting and informative.

Chegs ®™ 02:28 06 Jan 2008

Don't tell me, let me guess.

It's a so-called talent contest programme - am I right?

Nope,its....

"Graham Norton's search to find the UK's best tribute act continues. It's the turn of the women, and the hunt is on to find nation's best Madonna, Cher or Kylie."

Colin 17:22 06 Jan 2008

I watched the first of the 2 shows last night - what a load of rubbish! The production looked liked it was done by students and Graham Norton couldn't have looked less interested. It's cheap Saturday night television. I remember Roy Hattersley saying many years ago "do the TV companies think inteligent people always go out on a Saturday night?"

Chegs ®™ 18:05 06 Jan 2008

"I remember Roy Hattersley saying many years ago "do the TV companies think inteligent people always go out on a Saturday night?"

Answer,no.Intelligent people turn off the TV and find something much more entertaining to do,like watch concrete set. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?