Old thread PCA 'bored with PC'.

rdave13 21:04 22 May 2014
Answered

History, albeit short, is a wonderful thing. Here's a link by an original forum member, spikeychris, and note only posted in 2004, Link.

Very short history in the technology field but advances are great.

Hope you enjoy the banter, same as I did.

rdave13 21:09 22 May 2014

FE, dropped a clanger, should be in Speaker's corner. If you could move the thread I would be eternally grateful, thank you.

bumpkin 22:00 22 May 2014

If the OP in your link gets bored with computers that always work properly he should use the same ones as I do then he will never be bored.

rdave13 22:30 22 May 2014

bumpkin lol, I think " spikeychris " wouldn't take kindly to be called "him". However the 'run' of the comments at that time is fascinating. Only just under a decade.

bumpkin 22:41 22 May 2014

It was an interesting thread and quite amusing looking back, I wonder if she is still bored.

martd7 23:45 22 May 2014

Very interesting thread,aside from that, the only ops on the thread i recognise are: last chip and ed stowe

rdave13 00:41 23 May 2014

bumpkin , not sure now if male of female? Thought the list of members showed spikeychris as a lady...

Old age setting in I think as am not sure at all now :(

morddwyd 07:22 23 May 2014

Some names to conjure with there!

Don't get many "fun" posts running to six pages these days.

Not just computers which have got boring?

carver 08:43 23 May 2014

That brings back memories, I do remember a few of those names , powerless1 spikeychris * *Djohn Chegs could never get that trade mark to work.

Is it rose tinted glasses and all that or was it really people who wanted to chat with other people and none of the "I am here to cause an argument and insult people"

Forum Editor 12:03 23 May 2014

Moved to Speakers Corner from Tech Helproom.

sunnystaines 12:25 23 May 2014

how many of the old regulars are still here in a new name or gone forever

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?