Oh No

ulrich 18:01 03 Jan 2007

What is the TV coming to Celebrity BB, a daft singing competition,and another Soapstar Superstar.
The New Year starting off with a new load of nonsense. Yeah I know turn it off the trouble is I have to still pay for it.

rodriguez 18:08 03 Jan 2007

Yes it's getting worse - I take it that you're like me and not too keen on reality TV either. :-P However, a lot of people like it and it's obviously quite popular. But the thing that annoys me about BB is how you can't get away from it. It's like a bad smell. All over the papers, constantly on TV, everyone on about it... I think I'd probably enjoy it more if I didn't see it day in day out. Just do what I do - don't watch any of it and either watch something else or go to the pub instead. :-D

mikef. 18:17 03 Jan 2007

Never watched any form of Big Brother

Kate B 18:44 03 Jan 2007

It's not in all the papers by any means. You're over-reacting, rodriguez. Read the Indy or the FT: they're BB-free zones.

ulrich 18:50 03 Jan 2007

I want to watch the news for news not what some unknown has done the night before on one of the so called reality shows, or soaps.

rodriguez 18:51 03 Jan 2007

Sorry Kate, I've never really read the Independant or Financial Times. The papers I was referring to were the Sun, Star, Mirror (they'll obviously have it in there) and also my local ones the Express & Star and Black Country Mail. I shouldn't have really said all the papers as there are a few that don't include anything about BB or X Factor etc, I should have really put it "all the papers I read".

season8 19:19 03 Jan 2007

Am i missing something?
Should i start watching it??

Forum Editor 19:26 03 Jan 2007

to be able to sail through life without ever seeing or reading (much) about Big Brother - it's not for me, I'm afraid. What little I have absorbed has made me realise that there are plenty of people who think otherwise, and good luck to them - it's a free country.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:14 03 Jan 2007

is most definitely not for me, I avoid it like the plague.

"Should i start watching it??" Season8, don't do it, keep your self respect intact :-)

rodriguez 20:19 03 Jan 2007

All you are missing really season8 is, in the words of Billy Connelly, "sitting on a sofa watching people sit on a sofa".

PurplePenny 20:47 03 Jan 2007

What I find odd is the viewing figures. According to them reality TV is just as popular (maybe more so) than ever yet that isn't the impression I get from hearing people talk (or not talk!) about it.

When Big Brother first started I heard people on the bus discussing it and *lots* of people at work talked about it. The same for I'm a Celebrity and X-Factor. Yet for the last series of these shows I haven't heard anyone at work, or on the bus, talking about them. Out of interest I asked at work (in the common room during lunch) whether anyone was watching one of them (I'm a Celebrity I think): one person said she watched a bit if it was on; another said that she did sometimes put it on deliberately, but she sounded really apologetic about it!

The only reality show I hear discussed now is Strictly Come Dancing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017