Oh, all right I admit it ...

Clapton is God 12:12 20 Sep 2008

... having only taken the plunge in the last couple of days and replaced IE6 with IE7 on my PC, I'm growing to like this tabbed browsing.

Yeah, I know, where have I been until now? ;-)

Forum Editor 12:18 20 Sep 2008

try Google Chrome. Tabbed browsing with a difference.

Clapton is God 12:27 20 Sep 2008

One step at a time, methinks!

Having said that, I recently bought younger daughter a Vista laptop to take to Uni (tomorrow).

I'm NOT a Vista lover. ;-(

Seth Haniel 12:40 20 Sep 2008

good article in latest PCA on how to get it to look like XP ;)

Clapton is God 12:45 20 Sep 2008

Already been down that route!

Still not a fan.

But perhaps time will tell ...

In any event, daughter will be 'lumbered' with Vista at Uni. I'll still be using XP at home.

DieSse 15:21 20 Sep 2008

Firefox has a layout much closer to IE6, and neater tabs. And with the "colorful tabs" add-on, it's prettier too.

DieSse 16:54 20 Sep 2008

"For me the 'silver bullet' in IE7 which means I use it in preference to Firefox is the little box to the right of the last tab which opens a new blank tab in a single click."

Er - sorry - I can't think of any reason to open a blank tab.

If I want a new tab it's to view something - and I can get anything I want to view in a new tab to open in one, in one easy step.

click the middle button on the link, if it's a link

type into the address bar and middle click the go to button if it's a new site.

Woolwell 16:55 20 Sep 2008

In Firefox you can add an icon to the toolbar which when you click on it opens a new tab. I too liked IE7's feature but am happy with Firefox when I found this.
Go to view - toolbars - and drag the icon to the toolbar.

Pineman100 17:37 20 Sep 2008

'I'm NOT a Vista lover.'

Welcome to a very large club, CiG.

We were going to hire the NEC for our first club AGM, but it wasn't big enough. :o(

Forum Editor 18:32 20 Sep 2008

It's interesting to see how different we are in our browsing habits. I open blank tabs all the time, both in IE7 and Chrome, which I like more and more, by the way.

I run searches in blank tabs.

Coffee Adict 18:51 20 Sep 2008

I'm an IE7 fan too, have tried Firefox, but we just didn't click. I usually have at least two tabs open and a blank 'ready to go', right now I'm waiting for a cenus image to load in Ancetry.co.uk, which gives me the opportunity to come here and annoy everyone, and then I will have three or four tabs open to cross reference the census image.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie