Oficer Victimised at work

finerty 23:10 20 Feb 2012

hasn't the Metropolitan Police understood how people work and how to respect its own staff

Officer victimized

Forum Editor 23:33 20 Feb 2012

To understand what went on here you would need to have the full facts, and that isn't going to happen. On the face of it an officer was subjected to a sustained period of racist and homophobic abuse,and I'm not surprised to hear that he suffered from depression as a result.

Police work of the kind this officer was doing involves daily contact with a tight-knit group of colleagues,and anyone who is 'different' is likely to come in for some robust treatment. It's regrettable, but it happens, and I think it extremely unlikely that Police services will ever be totally rid of such attitudes.

That senior officers should have apparently taken part in the harassment is a disgrace.

Chegs ®™ 05:59 26 Feb 2012

I find it disturbing that despite many years of racial awareness & other awareness training,these kinds of cases still occur,in all kinds of employment.Personally I dont give a dam whether the person is black,gay or both as long as that person can do the job & wish the rest of society would accept it.I also find it disturbing when some individuals opt to play the race card usually purely to strengthen a weak case(IMHO regarding a nurse who took the local health authority to court)In this case linked to,it would seem he claimed 113 instances & 10 were found proven,thats 10 too many but shows that attitudes have changed for the better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?