Odd question, outlet thread on CO2 bottle

bumpkin 15:34 22 Feb 2015
Answered

Maybe an strange place to ask but I have googled and got no simple anwer. I just want to know what the thread is on the output side of a standard pub type CO2 gas bottle. From what I have looked at it would seem it is 5/8" BSP but not really clear, does anyone know for certain.

Belatucadrus 16:27 22 Feb 2015
  bumpkin 16:54 22 Feb 2015

Belatucadras, thank you for trying to help but that is the sort of information I was finding when I looked myself, it is unclear and confusing. what I need to know whether the male thread on the outlet from the valve is 5/8" BSP or not. The size of the thread to the cylinder itself does not matter. There may of course be different threads on the out side of different valves, this is what I am trying to clarify before buying the wrong fitting.

bumpkin 18:34 22 Feb 2015

Jock1e, no worries, that is the kind of thing I am getting when trying to find the answer to what I thought was a fairly simple question to Google.

morddwyd 18:57 22 Feb 2015

I'm not familiar with the licensed trade, but I thought BSP, like other BS threads, had been pretty well superseded

wee eddie 19:09 22 Feb 2015

Have we not been down this road before, or is my memory becoming seriously faulty.

wee eddie 19:14 22 Feb 2015

The valves on pressurised gas tanks are sensitive souls and I would not recommend anyone to, just add one, unless it was one designed specifically for the purpose required

bumpkin 19:34 22 Feb 2015

wee eddie, nothing wrong with your memory, I asked the same question a long time back. Never did find the answer here or on Google, gave up in the end as not that important at the time but someone must know surely. It does not seem an unreasonable question to me. If it is easy then someone tell me the answer or where to find it that gives a straight forward answer "is it 5/8" bsp or not" if not what is it, anwers like BS341, DIN477, GCA320 are meaningless to me.

bumpkin 20:27 22 Feb 2015

The valves on pressurised gas tanks are sensitive souls and I would not recommend anyone to, just add one, unless it was one designed specifically for the purpose required

That is why I am trying to get the correct one.

bumpkin 20:39 22 Feb 2015

I originally had a CO2 bottle with a small adaptor on it which I could connect my freezing kit to. When I changed the bottle I did not think to take off the adaptor so that is what I need, the pub type adapters are not suitable.

namtas 20:46 22 Feb 2015

Why not take the bottle to the local plumbers merchant and see what fits

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone