Odd packages or Emails etc

bumpkin 22:37 07 Apr 2015

I dont know if other members get this sort of thing but I got a fairly large parcel containing a wing mirror, a big thing for a lorry or large van. Correctly addressed to me in my name. No paperwork or return address included just the mirror. Another example from China "Have you received this item already" unlikely as I did not order it in the first place.

lotvic 23:25 07 Apr 2015

Maybe I'm a cynic, but, I should beware of a stranger calling to ask if you have got 'his' parcel by mistake, then he will collect it.... and you will get the bill.

bumpkin 00:02 08 Apr 2015

If that is the case then he is a very patient man as I got it 3yrs ago:-) I do take your point though as there are scams involving phones etc. If somebody wishes to collect his wing mirror that is fine by me in fact I should have thrown it out by now if I could be bothered to have a tidy up. I have never been charged for it.

Belatucadrus 00:15 08 Apr 2015

Citizens advice has a few handy pages :-

You’ve received goods or services you didn’t ask for

Aggressive commercial practices

Difficult to contact the sender without paperwork, unless it came by carrier and they can backtrack it.

carver 08:15 08 Apr 2015

bumpkim after 3 years I do believe that you can look at this mirror and on reflection think you have a right to it.

bumpkin 09:52 08 Apr 2015

Carver, no it is a nearside mirror.

Pine Man 11:32 08 Apr 2015

no it is a nearside mirror.

Unless you are standing in front of the vehicle facing it ;-)

bumpkin 12:44 08 Apr 2015

True, but I only have one left.

Pine Man 15:12 08 Apr 2015

You're right - of course.

bumpkin 15:22 08 Apr 2015

We must be bored to get as silly as this between us :-))

Carver started it :-))

bumpkin 15:30 08 Apr 2015

Back to Mr Sensible, it is an expensive looking item that someone is missing. If I knew what it fitted I could probably get a few quid for it on Ebay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?