Now that voting time is almost here

eikonuj 12:38 05 Apr 2010

I am reminded of the last time I voted.
I entered the booth to leave my mark and was astounded to see about 12 names on the list.
The usual three and a couple of others I recognised but the rest were totally new to me.
My question is .... how do I find out who will be on the list hoping to get my vote?
My local town hall could not help.
Thanks.

Quickbeam 12:47 05 Apr 2010

at the time is the simplest method... you still won't get who you want, but why bother too much when no-one gets who they want anyway.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:48 05 Apr 2010

If they can't be bothered to inform you of what they are standing for then they aren't worth voting for.

Clapton is God 12:53 05 Apr 2010

"how do I find out who will be on the list hoping to get my vote?"

The same way that most of us do.

You'll be bombarded with enough 'vote for me' material beforehand to arrive at a decision.

Make your mind up, from the 3 mainstream party candidates, before even going to the polling station.

Ignore all the other candidates; they're just also-rans and time wasters.

If you can't make your mind up, you don't deserve to be given a vote.

lotvic 12:54 05 Apr 2010

I use Fruit Bat /\0/\'s method

Cymro. 12:54 05 Apr 2010

It is not the once who can`t be bothered to inform us that I am worried about but the once who don`t want us to know what they really stand for. They are the once to be avoided.

Cymro. 12:59 05 Apr 2010

then? some sort of test before we are allowed to vote no G.C.S.E. in politics no vote.

jakimo 14:22 05 Apr 2010

For once I agree with fourm member,the postal voting cards sent out stating 6th May as polling day are for local council elections only.

eikonuj 14:34 05 Apr 2010

I too, agree with you.
A refreshing change:)

ronalddonald 14:52 05 Apr 2010

my vote cards through the post today. You could close your eyes and put your finger on a name and hey presto just vote for who you know.

Or don't vote at all as many as the politicians there are there are many who don't deserved to have a vote because of they way they have behaved.

morddwyd 20:13 05 Apr 2010

In the twenty years I have lived at this address I have only ever received election material from one party, until a few months ago when I had a telephone call from another party.

I can remember people being aghast years ago when I had two different election posters on the car, which I insisted were labelled His and Hers!

The idea that a wife could have an opinion of her own, let alone one that was different from her husband's, was totally abhorrent to most.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache