Not very sporting....

Stuartli 23:23 18 Apr 2009

Amused by BBC1's news programme tonight when sports presenter Sally Nugent, about to give the Premier League results, said: "Match of the Day follows, so if you don't want to know the scores, please look away now."

After waiting a couple of seconds, the scores were displayed, followed by Sally then reading out all the individual scores....

It's not the first time it has happened over recent weeks, but you do wonder if anyone on the editorial side actually spots such crass stupidity?

WhiteTruckMan 23:34 18 Apr 2009

I saw the same news, and indeed made the same comment to Mrs WTM, who wasn't interested in the slightest.

WTM

Forum Editor 23:42 18 Apr 2009

Ditto - except that my wife added "anyone with a grain of sense would turn the sound down"

Spark6 00:04 19 Apr 2009

I like it.

Stuartli 11:37 19 Apr 2009

A similar announcement is made on the ITV news, followed only by the scores being displayed on screen.

Just hope now that Everton put an end one of Manchester United's cup honours ambitions later on today...:-)

Bingalau 13:17 19 Apr 2009

Stuartli.

Bingalau 13:22 19 Apr 2009

Stuartli. I thought you would be down at Wembley. All my Evertonian friends have gone, they reckon even if they beat United it will not be possible to get tickets for the final as they all go to the prawn sandwich brigade etc. So they are making this their day instead. I will of course be glued to the TV screen. Also recording it for posterity just in case Davy Moyse pulls off the impossible and Everton win. "Come on you blue boys"

Spark6 19:17 19 Apr 2009

Time to join the prawn sandwich brigade now!

Stuartli 19:39 19 Apr 2009

I have to look after my other half, so couldn't go - feel a bit drained now, although probably not as much as the players on both sides...:-)

We've been saying for a while that Everton's name seems to be written on the FA Cup this season for some time now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?