Not PCs but a good example of customer service

Totally-braindead 00:07 28 Jun 2007

About T time tonight I contacted a US company about a problem I had with a battery overheating in a model plane I was flying. Imagine my amazement when they replied at just after 9 pm tonight, now thats fast.
They told me two options that might be the problem and one of them was the batteries being rather old - which is what I thought to be honest.
And heres the best bit, they offered me a 25% discount over shop prices if I buy direct for replacements. What sort of service is that!
I know its not a computer company but just wanted to praise some excellent customer service.
Will have to work out the relative costs as delivery to the UK might work out too pricey and with customs and whatnot but what a great offer don't you think?
Just wanted to tell someone as I cannot recall when I received such a quick reply to any query and I have never been offered discounts for loyalty which I presume this is.
If only all the PC companies could be this good.

WhiteTruckMan 00:14 28 Jun 2007

on whether or not you can name them?

WTM

Totally-braindead 00:24 28 Jun 2007

Don't see why I couldn't WTM.

Shame they don't do computers though. I just had to tell someone. Regardless of whether I can buy them from them or not its a quick email response and the offer of 25% discount is as far as I'm concerned is incredible.
As an example of the savings. A 3 cell LiPoly 1300ma battery here costs £30, in the US where they are made they retail for £18.48, now if they offer me 25% off that makes them £13.86. Well below half price.

I just thought it was an excellent example of what good customer service should be. Even forgetting the discount thing. Replied to my query within 4 hours with helpful advice about the problem I had.

Can't say fairer than that

madgamer234 10:44 28 Jun 2007

caution when buying from the states be very careful.

my wife sent off for 2 coats,they were a bargain and heavily reduced.i can't remember the price but i'm sure they were in the region of £15/25 each or less.this therefore puts them into a personal gift category which means no import duties.

the suppliers valued them at $150 and not the value paid,resulting in 3 separate duties from various shipping handlers.whether this was the initial value of the coats i'm not sure but be careful when buying discounted goods from abroad.

i think the duty was as much as the goods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?