Not PC related but Satellite

pj123 14:27 05 Sep 2004

Are any Forum members Satellite installers please?

My satellite dish was taken down when we had our roof redone. It is a motorised dish and it now needs re-aligning. I have rung every number in my area in the phone book but every time I mention "Motorised" they don't want to know. Is it that difficult? If anyone can point me in the direction of someone who can do it in the Norfolk area I would be very grateful. Note to FE. If you think this thread should not be on here please feel free to delete it. Thanks everyone.

Forum Editor 14:36 05 Sep 2004

to align the dish. The fact that it's motorised is another matter and not something that should give rise to problems either.

Who installed it originally - can't they do it for you? I'm coming to Norfolk Next weekend, I'll check to see if you've had it done by then.

pj123 14:51 05 Sep 2004

FE, thanks for the support. I didn't think it would be that difficult either. I have managed to get it working on Astra 1 myself but can't seem to find any of the other satellites. It was installed about 10 years ago and the company that did the installation doesn't exist anymore. (The way of the world). Seems to me like they are saying "if I dump this system and buy a new up to date system they will install and set it up" approach.

stalion 15:17 05 Sep 2004

have you tried this one
click here

pj123 15:47 05 Sep 2004

stalion, Thanks. No I haven't tried that one cos he doesn't appear to be listed in my phone book. I have emailed him today and will give him a follow up phone call tomorrow.

spuds 21:55 05 Sep 2004

PJ..Pity you never posted this last week. Lidl were selling Satellite items in their special weekly promotional offers. A Sat-Finder Set [Strength meter] were being sold at £3.99. I bought one, and it works a treat.

A couple of sites worth a look click here click here This one gives stations available and compass degree/bearings click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?