No Wonder BT Are Interested

morddwyd 09:14 13 May 2015

EE are the most complained about phone company.

click here wonder BT want a take over. They don't want to lose their pre-eminent position!

EE will fit into their company ethic very well.

No

oresome 11:42 14 May 2015

I don't know the detail of the complaints, but EE along with many other broadband providers use the BT network, so actual line fault occurrences should be no different you'd have thought. Perhaps it's the handling of the complaints.

Ironic that BT owned one of the founder mobile network companies and split it off.

Integration of fixed, mobile, broadband and TV now seems to be the name of the game.

I'm surprised that Virgin don't suffer reliability problems with their network judging by the cable run to my daughters house.

The small access plate in the pavement has been smashed to allow the cable to exit and run on the surface of the pavement and then along the surface of the driveway and to the house wall. The street cabinets often have the doors swinging open.

Forum Editor 17:15 14 May 2015

I'm with EE and have always had good service from them, although as they have grown bigger the personal touch has receded until now it's almost vanished completely - I do sometimes feel that I'm inside a machine, rather than a caring, sharing mobile phone company.

BT 18:00 14 May 2015

The small access plate in the pavement has been smashed to allow the cable to exit and run on the surface of the pavement and then along the surface of the driveway and to the house wall. The street cabinets often have the doors swinging open.

I really can't believe this has been gone by Virgin. Our cable is buried in a green plastic conduit from the street to the connection box on the house wall. As to street cabinets swinging open this is usually down to some of the locals hoping to try to connect to 'free' cable which of course isn't possible. When I lived in London the two cabinets in our road were regularly forced open despite the efforts of Virgin to secure them. Since I moved to Norwich I've never seen a cabinet open, and there's one right across the road from me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires