No Swimming in Ramadan?

Uboat 13:54 12 Jul 2010

Whilst i respect the muslim law also having muslim friends, i think this is going over the top a bit..

click here

mole44 13:56 12 Jul 2010

what happens if it rains ????

Uboat 14:05 12 Jul 2010

lol GREAT point!

mr simon 14:09 12 Jul 2010

Then don't look up with your mouth open. Allah forbid a drop goes in your mouth.

Rescheduling sex education and exams? Idiots.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:15 12 Jul 2010

You have all failed to understand what Ramadan means and the very, very sound logic behind it. Try and read up on it and you will be very surprised about the reasons why there is Ramadan and why it was absolutely necessary when tribes lived in the desert and why it is good practice today when the cleanliness of food in some countries is debatable.

G.

canarieslover 14:23 12 Jul 2010

Having worked with a large number of Muslims over the last 40 years I do respect their observance of Ramadan. What I do not see the need for is that everybody else should be affected by their fast. I have never been reproached by any of the ones that I have worked with when I have eaten my normal meals.

mr simon 14:33 12 Jul 2010

I have an inkling that Gandalf was joking.

Strawballs 16:26 12 Jul 2010

As stated if the Muslim pupils wish to miss swimming then that should be their choice do not force their religion onto others they would be the first to shout from the rooftops if they were told to clebrate christmas

BT 16:33 12 Jul 2010

While I do respect that the fasting is a religeous requirement I do think that including drinking water somewhat foolish at times.
We had a young lady Muslim working with us for a while, and the workplace was a very hot environment. Fortunately the fast period at the time finished at about 4pm, but having worked in the very hot conditions from 6am, by this time she was struggling severely. I really don't know what the form would have been if she had collapsed from dehydration.

Woolwell 16:56 12 Jul 2010

The effect of this edict from Stoke is minimal. Ramadan begins on around 11 Aug and lasts for about 30 days. The schools are on summer holiday until 7 Sep.

jack 17:53 12 Jul 2010

Why are we paying these goons to sit and think up the type of tripe
A follower of a particular faith are quite capable of living their life to fit the requirement with out this sort of thing.
They do what their faith says what they should do
An odd day off school or missing a swim lesson because of a faith issue is not great shakes.
As a side issue swallowing Swimming pool water I would imagine would give the swallower other things to think about other than Friday Prayers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?