No one would believe this e-mail would they?

Z1100 23:20 18 Jan 2007

surely not. It made me laugh tho...

Hello Subscriber, As part of our ongoing effort to keep Symantec clients up to date on virus alerts, this e-mail is being sent to all Symantec subscribers. A new, deadly type of virus has been detected in the wild. You should not open any message entitled "LAUNCH NUCLEAR STRIKE NOW," as this message has been programmed to access NORAD computers in Colorado and launch a full-scale nuclear strike on Russia and the former Soviet states. Apparently, a disgruntled ex-Communist hacker has designed a pernicious vb-script that actually bypasses the U.S. arsenal's significant security system and takes command of missiles and bombers directly. By opening the e-mail, you may be causing Armageddon. Needless to say, Armageddon will wipe out your hard drive and damage your computer. Again, we warn you, PLEASE, DO NOT OPEN ANY E-MAIL ENTITLED "LAUNCH NUCLEAR STRIKE NOW." YOU MAY CAUSE A FULL-SCALE NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST. As a precaution, all U.S. nuclear missiles have been set to "Do Not Author!ize Launch Via E-mail" to prevent an accidental Armageddon. However, due to a Y2K bug, the possibility still exists that you may end life as we know it on this planet by opening the aforementioned e-mail.

Hanx!
BOOM!!!!
K.

p;3 23:41 18 Jan 2007

I know someone who most probably would beleive it; frightening aint it to know that

Z1100 23:49 18 Jan 2007

well ok, I didn't, but I nearly did. I know it is spam and just rubbish and clogs billions of mb's of bandwidth but it is funny too. *sigh*

Hanx!
K.

p;3 23:56 18 Jan 2007

however; I unfortunateluy know someone who , with their, how can I put it, not-of -this-world-knowledge OF computers and messages WOULD believe it; which is all the more frightening

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?