No good saving the Earth

Seth Haniel 13:41 24 Jun 2007

click here

As we are intent on destroying it

(Four minute video to make you think )

Forum Editor 13:46 24 Jun 2007

on destroying the earth.

It's just that the vast majority of world's population either:

Couldn't care less what happens, as long as there's enough gas for the barbecue.

Doesn't know there's a problem.

Is too busy trying to survive to waste time taking on a new worry.

Seth Haniel 13:55 24 Jun 2007

I was just getting into Doomsday mode ;)

josie mayhem 15:02 24 Jun 2007

Here we go again....

Planet Earth has it's own cycle that is causing globle warming, A volcano eruptions i.e St Helna had a major effect on our climites and wheather... The fact that the earth is made of plates that move, we here in England are moving in France direction several cm's a year, imagine what distance that is over a period of 50, 100, 200 years? So as we move away from the colds of the Pole towards warmer climates then sure our wheather is going to change...

All we can do as Human beings, is to do our best to make our beautiful planet a nice place to live in... This does mean that we need to stop being selfish, wastefull and uncaring about our planet...

And remember that the ones who are scarmongering us into beleiving that we can stop globle warming are earning a fair bit of money out of it....

Even the governments are starting to line there pockets from it....

But yes we need to start recycling, stop polluting and cut waste along side stopping wasting natural resources that we use... So that while we are here we have a beautiful planet to live on and enjoy....

Seth Haniel 15:38 24 Jun 2007

So you didn't watch the video then !!!!

laurie53 15:40 24 Jun 2007

The fact is that the Greens would be a lot more plausible if they stopped trying to save the planet for mankind.

The planet's only hope is if mankind disappears, and they should be trying to save the planet for the plants and non-human species!

Laurie

PS This post is tongue in cheek, and I am not proposing a latter day Slaughter of the Holy Innocents!

Seth Haniel 16:22 24 Jun 2007

click here

(The above Video !!!)

PalaeoBill 16:56 24 Jun 2007

I actually watched the video.

It is a great conspiracy theory but like many it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

The back spot is almost certainly a coincidence.

In the Cassini case, the individual pellets of Plutonium-239 (not 238 as the video states) are separated by containers made from iridium impregnated carbon-fibre. Even with the extreme pressures deep inside Saturn the Pu-239 wouldn't go bang. If we go with the conspiracy theory and imagine the pellets were not separated, then yes there could be a bang. I wouldn't bet on it, but it could happen. It wouldn't be big enough to start a chain reaction though as there is not enough Pu-239. Again, assuming there were more Pu-239 than we have been told and the bang was big enough the theory still falls down. There isn't enough free hydrogen or deuterium to sustain a chain reaction for any length of time and there simply isn't enough mass/gravity to make a sun under any circumstances.

Cool video though!

Cymro. 11:44 25 Jun 2007

I know I should, but I am not going to bother with the video. Like most of us I have

more pressing problems to worry about. There is never any point in worrying about a problem you can do nothing about.

Seth Haniel 11:48 25 Jun 2007

ostrich & head in sand come to mind :)

as to doing nothing there is a page on the net to petition against it happening

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:59 25 Jun 2007

This is the best conspiracy theory that I have read in ages. Anyone with a schoolboy knowledge of physics and chemistry would realise what a load of cobblers it is. Dim as, 2 watt lightbulb, in 60 watt socket springs to mind

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?