Nigel Evans Conservative MP

Quiller. 19:04 04 May 2013

arrested on suspicion of raping 2 men.

With Stuart Hall finally admitting his guilt how many more well know faces will be put under the spotlight.

Breaking news on sky news.

john bunyan 19:35 04 May 2013

Why emphasise "Conservative"? Like others he has yet to be convicted.. The MP who was drunk and punchy in the House - Eric Joyce shows that all parties have those who have broken the law - remember Jeremy Thorpe and others?

Quiller. 20:15 04 May 2013

Because if it was just headed Nigel Evans, few would have heard of him.

john bunyan 20:39 04 May 2013

I Agree re Mp, but the Conservative bit seemed OTT

bumpkin 20:54 04 May 2013

Another sausage jockey in our so called government.

bumpkin 20:55 04 May 2013

Another sausage jockey in our so called government.

Bing.alau 21:07 04 May 2013

There has been an e-mail doing the rounds for a number of years, which supposedly gives the percentage details of all the MP's in our Parliament who have committed crimes. If (repeat if) it is true then our representatives aren't a very nice lot of people.

By the way I have also seen more or less exactly the same e-mail describing the Australian Parliament. So I am a bit suspicious of its truthfulness. Have we got a mirror image on the other side of the world?

Woolwell 21:28 04 May 2013

It just needed to mention that he was an MP and Deputy Speaker the political party is irrelevant to the story.

john bunyan 21:29 04 May 2013

Spider9

OK. If guilty I am not bothered. I just thought his political persuasion was irrelevant - as was that of the ex- Mayor on the assault thread. A few MP's of all parties have historically committed crimes. I hope no one starts a new thread with " Labour M P..."

Woolwell 21:32 04 May 2013

He could be UKIP, Labour, SNP, LibDem, Conservative or even Green Party or Monster Raving Loony. The relevant bit is that he is a MP and Deputy Speaker.

Woolwell 21:36 04 May 2013

"how many more well known faces" - Just how well known is Nigel Evans? I had never heard of him and didn't know he was a Deputy Speaker. I hope that if the allegations turn out to be true they throw the book at him. But how many more known faces - who knows?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?