A nice website to share your opinions

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 18:22 15 Feb 2005

I have found a great site that you can share your opions of any items that you like.

You can get paid some money to write the reviews if other members think its a good one.

I have written my opinion on 5 items a motherboard,a viewsonic pocketpc,gmail.com,webcam.i am going to do one on hienz baked beans lol.

Just thought id tell the forum about this,i have asked of the FE's permision.

click here

Indigo 1 21:50 15 Feb 2005

Not sure I like the look of that, they require far too much personal information for my liking, it can only lead to more junk mail.

Forum Editor 22:29 15 Feb 2005

Indigo 1 is quite right - they want too much personal information for comfort. I'm not jumping to conclusions, but spam emanates from similar sites.

Personally I wouldn't be interested in signing up for this under any circumstances.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 22:41 15 Feb 2005

HHMM...perhaps your right but i Personally havn't recieved any spam from this site.

If you don't like advertising being pointed at you and easy soloution would be to create a new hotmail addy and just use that for signups.

Thankyou for all comments.

GibsonSt19 11:37 16 Feb 2005

They're a huge well respected, highly moral company.

GibsonSt19 11:38 16 Feb 2005

..to browse reviews, you don't need to join.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 12:26 16 Feb 2005

Are you a member of ciao?

Dorsai 18:40 16 Feb 2005

As Ben says, the only really important info they ask for is you e-mail addy, and it is easy enough to create a new one from the likes of yahoo just for this. The rest, you can enter whatever you want.

herc182 21:19 16 Feb 2005

i am a member and have written a rew reviews. no spam at all. i have lost a little interest though since i am no longer based in an office and have no time to fill out reviews etc

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:37 16 Feb 2005

Whats your ciao name ill rate your reviews.

herc182 21:48 16 Feb 2005

and yours?
i dont have many (less than 5!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie