NHS pensions 'overpaid for years'

peter99co 21:09 15 Dec 2008

Chancellor Alistair Darling said the money need not be repaid but pensions would be adjusted from April 2009.

click here

Forum Editor 23:28 15 Dec 2008

the armed forces and other public sector workers are involved, although the full extent of the overpayments hasn't yet been revealed.

I'm sure we'll all find out very soon.

DieSse 23:50 15 Dec 2008

THis and all the other "mispayment, non-payment etc etc isuues are a symptom of systems that are far too complicated to even administer correctly.

Let alone for the public to understand clearly what their entitlements are.

No wonder so much money is wasted on the administration of such complex systems.. The UK could save millions, maybe billions, by having a simpler system. And the public would benefit in two ways - there'd be more money for benefits (or less needed in taxes), and people would be more assured they'd be getting what they were entitled to.

Geronimo. 00:42 16 Dec 2008

i noticed this:Vince Cable asked for assurances bailiffs would not be turning up at ex-servicemen's doors" its becoming too easy for these type of companies to turn up at peoples doors,the big question is who's fault is it..? if its there's then they are totaly wrong to even asume bailif's...

Quickbeam 07:24 16 Dec 2008

click here It all sound very simple... not.

laurie53 08:00 16 Dec 2008

I get both an armed forces and a local authority pension.

It's a bit worrying with the budget already tight.

newman35 08:39 16 Dec 2008

Absolutely agree, the idiots who did see fit make him Party leader did a terrible mis-service to politics in this country.

newman35 08:40 16 Dec 2008

should be a 'NOT' after 'did'.
Sorry.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:48 16 Dec 2008

I'm sure that the Government will be reclaiming all the overpayment.....just like they did to the people on Family Credit who had been overpaid. This would be fair.

G

hssutton 09:01 16 Dec 2008

I agree wholeheartedly with you, but your last paragraph made me smile, especially after reading teletex this morning.

A Department for Transport efficiency drive designed to save £57m costs £81m. This was a scheme aimed to cut administration costs by basing payroll finance and personnel on one site in Swansea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?