NHS patients who opted out of having their details shared

carver 09:25 29 Jan 2015

Are you one of those people such as myself who opted out of having their NHS details shared with third party's.

I just thought that I didn't want my details shared with say a company who could just buy my details as a way of trying to sell me health related products.

But according to this I may now lose out on some other things I didn't even know about.

Recently the scariest words I hear are, "We are the Government and we are here to help."

bumpkin 16:08 29 Jan 2015

A strange coincidence that you should post that. May not seem relevant but have a look at my posts on john drews thread about the rogue, page6 4.21pm and page 7 4.33pm.

john bunyan 16:36 29 Jan 2015

For my first 74 years I hardly ever visited the doctor. Since then I have had a number of serious issues, for one of which I had expensive immune therapy treatment and "Gamma Knife" treatment. I was asked to be a "guinea pig" by my Professor of Oncology - this involves giving many blood samples etc and even , possibly,(as an appreciative patient) addressing the fund suppliers about the fact that my semi experimental treatment seems very effective. I feel that if I share my results that it may help others to have the same or similar treatment.

My wife, on the other hand has opted out!

Forum Editor 19:07 29 Jan 2015

Perhaps you can opt back in again.

john bunyan 19:10 29 Jan 2015

Forum Editor

I am in; my wife is out!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?