The next time you're tempted

Forum Editor 19:38 16 Nov 2006

to post a thread that comes under that well-known heading of 'a little light relief' please pause for thought.

The one thing that's absolutely certain in this world is that what one person thinks is hilarious will leave another completely cold. It's also inevitable that sooner or later someone will add a post that is entirely inappropriate - usually because of a link to another site with unacceptable content. For that reason we tend to discourage threads based entirely on so-called 'humour'.

It has nothing to do with my lack of humour, or with the fact that only 'elite' members may post humorous threads, as someone stupidly suggested in a thread that I've just closed. We don't have a membership elite, although some people might look upon themselves in that way. As far as I can, I try to be fair to everyone. If you want to risk posting something you think is humorous by all means go ahead, but if - through no fault of yours - someone steps over that invisible line you may see your thread vanish without warning.

If that happens, email me and I'll explain why I took the thread off-line.

Flak999 20:29 16 Nov 2006

Point taken! I'll save it for "urban 75" in future.

PurplePenny 22:50 16 Nov 2006

to say:

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum.

p;3 23:01 16 Nov 2006

after tonights attempts to even open let alone post on the forum ...your comment has given me a chuckle

a few funny things happened to me on the way to the forum:))

woodchip 23:16 16 Nov 2006

I could say we only have Drones like in a BEE colony, on this site but it's not true. We still have a smile now and a gain including FE

rodriguez 23:18 16 Nov 2006

BOGIES! Ok that used to make me laugh and I don't know whether finding children's TV at 20 years old is a good thing or shameful thing... :-P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?