Newsletters Not Arriving

Bingalau 12:49 30 Oct 2007

I used to get a couple of newsletters every week, but they have just stopped arriving over the last couple of weeks. I used to have a "Newsletter" icon in my system tray, but that has also disappeared. Has anybody got any ideas how I can get my deliveries back please?

spuds 12:54 30 Oct 2007

I suppose this all depends on who sends the newsletters perhaps. I have a fair selection of newletters per day in my inbox, of late though, I have noticed a reduction of these due to various reasons ie 'not enough to write about'.

spuds 12:55 30 Oct 2007

Forgot to mention, have you or your ISP a spam programme in the system. Rejection at that point perhaps?.

Bingalau 13:14 30 Oct 2007

spuds. Some of them are from the USA. But I haven't knowingly changed anything. Maybe I have hit a key or a button on something else ???

crosstrainer 14:45 30 Oct 2007

The recent postal strike :)

Bingalau 12:12 31 Oct 2007

Anybody else got any ideas Please?

crosstrainer 12:15 31 Oct 2007

More serious note...Are they personal ones? Or do they come from US mags, or companies?

Bingalau 12:50 31 Oct 2007

crosstrainer. Some of them are from American computer advice sites, others are from British sites.

€dstowe 14:00 31 Oct 2007

I subscribe the "The Register" and have noticed in the last few weeks that the BT spam trap grabs it before I do. It was previously delivered to my inbox without problems for many years.

Have you checked you spam trap?

Bingalau 15:00 31 Oct 2007

€dstow. No, I didn't know I had a spam trap. How does it work? How do I get to it? etc.

€dstowe 16:20 31 Oct 2007

Oh!

Well, some ISPs provide a spam trap for emails as part of the service. Check with the provisions of your ISP in their home pages or whatever.

It collects most of the rubbish email automatically without me having to look at it.

You should check it periodically, though, as it's not infallible (as I pointed out above).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone