New Year's Eve

Kate B 14:49 30 Dec 2006

Let's talk about something light: what are you up to tomorrow night? I've just borrowed the final piece of an outfit I'm wearing to a Filthy-Gorgeous party and I'm very chuffed with what I think will be a great ensemble. Lots of music, lots of champagne, lots of very dear friends: I love new year's eve and tomorrow night is going to be great. I hope you're all planning on having just as much fun as I am.

rodriguez 14:59 30 Dec 2006

The same as usual for me - down my mate's house for it. We've just gotta get some beer now - I've sorted the music out. Done 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s mix CDs and I might do a dance one as well. Not long got Hardcore 2007 Helter Skelter vs Raindance but I think that might be a bit too fast ;-) Oh well, it should be a good night anyway. :-D

anskyber 15:09 30 Dec 2006

Welcoming in the new year with almost certainly more red wine than the recommended allowance and without a single guilty thought.

It's a neighbours thing "up north" so the precise happenings can only be told after the event. Enjoy your event Kate and to anyone else who is not sensible enough to get an early night.

Forum Editor 15:10 30 Dec 2006

for dinner at our place. Lots of food/wine etc.

One of the friends is a singer, and he'll be bullied into singing/playing guitar. I'll jam with him on guitar and ruin everything. We'll all have fun in complete safety.

Jackcoms 15:24 30 Dec 2006

Nothing, as usual.

I don't do parties.

And I'll probably be sleeping (fireworks permitting) well before midnight.

Kate B 16:31 30 Dec 2006

I've just had one of the guys round to borrow something for his outfit who is DJing tomorrow night and he entertained me hugely with his description of how he's trying very hard to keep the host of the party off the decks tomorrow night: he is deeply unconvinced by the concept of "Latin house" and would rather stick with the tried and tested dirty hard electro. I think he's right ...

Jak_1 16:38 30 Dec 2006

I'll be in the local.

QuizMan 17:06 30 Dec 2006

Too weary after Xmas to do much. Probably settle down to Jools Holland's Hootenanny. Good line-up and it's fun trying to spot the bits that prove that it's not live. Slightly sad, but it suits me.

Have fun, those of you of a more energetic nature.

spikeychris 17:09 30 Dec 2006

Tai buffet at mine with 4 friends two brothers two brothers wives and lots of kids. Can't wait.

Blackhat 17:24 30 Dec 2006

A quiet night in with the wife, a glass of rum & coke at midnight to celebrate another year passed without falling out (too much).

Can I please ask; 30-40 years ago we would always open our doors at midnight and greet all the neighbours with a good new year. I still do this now but in a street of 50 terrace houses last year not one other person opened their door, only 3 the year before. Where has the tradition gone?

For anyone in Bank Street B14 see you at midnight.

Jak_1 17:29 30 Dec 2006

Blackhat

Good grief, you adulterate rum by putting coke in it, shame on you, lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?