New Watchdog

robgf 23:22 11 Sep 2009

Is it just me, or was the new Watchdog dumbed down.
With the rather dubious consumer testing of the child buggies, the lurching camera work, primary colours and integration of Rogue Traders, I did wonder if the Top Gear producers were helping out with the show.

I did find Anne Robinson to be of morbid curiosity, as she tried to talk without moving her face. I kept watching just to see if her head would explode, like the stretched face in Dr Who.

Forum Editor 00:54 12 Sep 2009

with one that was taken about ten years ago, and you wouldn't think they were of the same person. She's a living testimony to the skill of modern cosmetic surgeons.

Quickbeam 02:40 12 Sep 2009

Why has she come back, is The Weakest Link about to become the weakest ex show?

Chegs ®™ 04:53 12 Sep 2009

click here

WiKi on Anne Robinson

ronalddonald 06:51 12 Sep 2009

looked pretty boring

morddwyd 07:04 12 Sep 2009

Couldn't agree more.

They were really clutching at things to find wrong.

The programme was saved by Matt Alwright (? spelling).

All manufacturers advise against hanging shopping from the handles, so they did it anyway, and then criticised because the buggies tipped over

dagnammit 09:35 12 Sep 2009

Don't normally watch but next week is about Playstation 3, or rather has a feature on it. Should be interesting as a lot of gamers have complained about ylod... same as rrod on the xbox. System failure though it doesn't seem as big a problem as the rrod on xbox.

crosstrainer 09:39 12 Sep 2009

That came up on my Xbox too....(As a free download)

Might take a look.

Anne Robinson?

Can't forgive her for her anti Welsh comments years ago (never liked the weakest link anyway)

Spark6 09:49 12 Sep 2009

She recently stated, on BBC Breakfast Time I think, that she was only joking when she said it. Obviously she has continued to run with it because of the reaction of some of us and the publicity that goes with it.

Quiller. 09:52 12 Sep 2009

over the Virgin phone/broadband offering.

Everyone being interviewed and the interviewee in the people carrier had no seat belts on when travelling through town.

Not a very good advert for our kids.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:36 12 Sep 2009

She now bears an uncanny and worrying resemblance to Gollum.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?