new road taffic signs help

  FungusBoggieman 20:46 16 May 2007

not pc related but need some help form any truck drivers lgv/hgv please.
The town where I live has just had a new bypass built 713millions worth, the thing is as a driver I have noticed that the new signage for the routing ie. traffice direction signs are baffaling me one set in perticular i will try to discibe them.

the sighs are about 3 foot square with a green back ground, on top of the green background there are 3 lorries one red one yellow and one brown all facing right, each lorry has a letter of the alphbet on , ie the red one has an A, the red ha a V abnd the yellow lorry has another letter which i cannot remember,
has anyone seen this kind of sing and know what they mean.
thanks fungus

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:54 16 May 2007

Fraid I cn't help with that one , but I did like these on the motorway click here

  spuds 23:59 16 May 2007

Not sure, but this could be the routing signs for certain type vehicles.

  WhiteTruckMan 00:29 17 May 2007

anything the highways agency would have erected. They may be something to do with some commercial application. I'd be interested in seeing a picture if you find the time to take one and upload it.


  feb 07:29 17 May 2007

It sounds like they might be Loading zones for the town. As well as an address, drivers will be given a zone, so that they enter the town from the right direction without having to go through the centre.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?