New PC Advisor Learning Store

simonjary 10:11 03 Sep 2008

Hi.

We've launched a PC Advisor Learning Store (in association with Computer Bookshops). It offers online learning courses and thousands of PC-related books at great discounts.

You can see links in the left-hand navigation or here:
click here

We'd be interested in your thoughts so we can make it as useful as possible. We can influence the design but the work is done by Computer Bookshops so it's not possible to always have it just the way we'd like it!

We'll be adding more online tutorials on a special PCA Learning site in the future, as well.

Thanks.

Simon Jary
Publisher
PCA

Si_L 10:42 03 Sep 2008

Its good, but after comparing a handful of books, Amazon is much cheaper and has a better free delivery deal.

Stuartli 13:38 03 Sep 2008

To be honest, my local libraries carry hundreds of computer titles and is always adding new ones as they are published.

spuds 16:07 03 Sep 2008

Saw one title in the link that I was interested in,but that title appears to state 'forthcoming'. Oh well, back to The Works or Borders bookstores.

anskyber 16:22 03 Sep 2008

Looks fine to me.

The search and menu functions turned up what I hoped to find and the layout is relatively uncluttered.

I did not do a cost comparison with any other suppliers I use because I do not need to buy at the moment, I shall give it a go next time. I think the training modules look interesting but could be expensive for things like migrating to Vista. After all you have that lovely friendly bunch of herberts here who will help for zero!

Covergirl 07:50 04 Sep 2008

Well, nothing in life is free I suppose, and here's another sensible business diversification by PCA which could be useful to the odd punter who hasn't sussed the market and found it cheaper elsewhere.

Sorry, I won't be coming back. There are plenty of free online tutorials so why pay for it here ?

jack 08:39 04 Sep 2008

And I am sure tyro users will come and buy.
Personally I was never much good with book learning.
Getting hands dirty was the only way way for me.
I purchased the Scott Muller some years ago- 14th edition- and as far as hardware us concerned that all I need even now.

The site has its place however

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?