New Kit

morddwyd 06:44 20 Sep 2014

I'm a bit of a technophile myself and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the new Note 4, but I;m hanged if I'll queue for hours which people have been doing for the new iPhone according to media reports!

Quickbeam 07:34 20 Sep 2014

I always wait 6 months or so for the initial premium price of new kit to drop. Undoubtedly that probably means that two newer versions get released in that time making it old new kit...

Quiller. 08:55 20 Sep 2014

morddwyd

Are phones4U still trading or are they all shut. I wouldn't give them any money in the circumstances they are in. So you choice of store to buy one is reduced. Contract phone or PAYG one?

Even though it looks to be an expensive and very good piece of kit, I don't see it generating the same kind of euphoria the new iphone has generated.

I may be wrong.

spuds 11:30 20 Sep 2014

"Are phones4U still trading or are they all shut."

phones4U which is owned by private equity company BC Partners called in the administrators PwC on Monday. Apparently this was due to losing EE and Vodafone contracts.

Some phone4U employees are being taken on by outlet stores, like PC World/Currys. So if you are contemplating purchasing from those particular phone4U outlet stores, then it would be wise to check before making a purchase.

morddwyd 19:32 20 Sep 2014

Latest news is that Vodaphone is taking over a lot of Phones4U shops, which, reading between the lines seems to have been not exactly serendipity!

A cheap form of takeover, without liabilities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone