The new Highway Code comes into force

TopCat® 13:25 28 Sep 2007

It has twenty nine more rules added, one of which will target lighting up whilst driving. click here

Can anyone here spot all the twenty nine new additions? click here for the full contents. TC.

Cymro. 15:40 28 Sep 2007

So when did we all last read the Highway Code. The last time I looked at a copy was when my children were learning to drive about 13 years ago.

Otherwise I would not have seen a copy since I myself was passing my driving test and that was over 40 years ago.

I suspect that most people never read it once they have passed their test. The number of new rules that have changed must be very large by now.

techie4me 16:20 28 Sep 2007

I have a copy with me right now.
But then my current aim is to get to drive everything i can on my licence.
Only got the bike test left to get!!

spuds 17:06 28 Sep 2007

In some media reports, it would appear that complaints are already being made due to the 'confusion' of the new extras in the publication.

Glad my skateboard and roller skates are not covered, or are they! :O)

Cymro. 17:23 28 Sep 2007

Glad my skateboard and roller skates are not covered, or are they! :O)
spuds

I suppose they could come under bicycles and such like. If not then the may just class it as pedestrian.

Chris the Ancient 17:54 28 Sep 2007

I suspect you and 99% of other road users!

pj123 18:21 28 Sep 2007

And, of course, a lot of the stuff in the New Highway Code is now a legal requirement and not just a guide.

laurie53 20:27 28 Sep 2007

Does it still have the picture of the guy on a cart waving his whip above his head to show he's about to turn?

If not then my copy is out of date!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone