new fangled phones

jack 11:59 24 Mar 2007

Sitting in my den as I am now- a telephone sits in its holder on the wall- this is of the old type with digits only on the buttons.
I decided to phone the bank's auto service to check account details.
This particular bank wants letters from a password
I turned the phone over to tap out the appropriate code and got only figures--DOH!
So i had to hang up.
I am now off to make a suitable label.

€dstowe 13:04 24 Mar 2007

You can get a phone from Tesco (no doubt other places as well) with letters on it for less than £3. Hardly worth making labels.

Confab 13:04 24 Mar 2007

click here

Something to add to your Christmas list!

Confab

€dstowe 13:10 24 Mar 2007
  jack 15:45 24 Mar 2007

I shall have to do it I guess.
but not Tesco's the nearest big un is 10miles away
thank goodness- though they are trying by snapping up all the property next to our Park and want to carve the park up as well. But we ain't gonna let em.
There is a label on the back of the phone for now.

Bingalau 15:54 24 Mar 2007

jack. My wife still prefers the real old fashioned? phone which she can get hold of and speak into a proper mouthpiece rather than a tiny hole somewhere that can hardly be seen. It took me ages to get her to carry a mobile one in her handbag in case of emergency. She has progressed though, because now she can actually use it to call me to pick her up at the station, after she has been down town shopping. ..Tesco would probably send one of those cheapo's out to you or perhaps they have a delivery system in your area.

€dstowe 18:46 24 Mar 2007

The link I gave was for Tesco Direct - the home shopping arm of the company. You don't even have to step outside of your house.

wiz-king 08:50 25 Mar 2007

My telephone has got letters on, but no buttons - I have to put my finger in a hole and make a circular movement with my hand.

jack 17:28 25 Mar 2007

€dstowe
I did see the link and had a browse through, into everything aren't they

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?