Need some information on some cars please

WhiteTruckMan 20:27 09 Jun 2007

I am tryimg to persuade my father in law to change his vehicle. Problem is, he only has a motorcycle license, and although he hasnt ridden in years, he chugs (very appropriate word, chugs) around in a reliant robin. He keeps saying he's too old to take his car test, but isnt there some small micro type 4 wheelers that you can drive on a bike license? I'm sure I heard someone mention them, but I cant think of any. Does anyone know of any? Preferably with a link. Better yet some personal knowledge of any? Preferably with more than 2 seats, but anything can be considered.

TIA

WTM

Quickbeam 20:34 09 Jun 2007

like what they know click here Tell him this is just the thing he needs!!!

45 Mart 20:37 09 Jun 2007

click here

try this WTM

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:37 09 Jun 2007
  Jackcoms 20:39 09 Jun 2007
  WhiteTruckMan 21:09 09 Jun 2007

to everyone except quickbeam, who is going to get me shot by my mother in law if she sees that:). I think I will file that next to this link which he hasnt seen but which I sometimes drive past on the east lancs road if the 62 is busier than normal

click here

Any more please?

WTM

Si_l 21:12 09 Jun 2007

click here

You only need a bike license to drive these.

Stuartli 22:14 09 Jun 2007

One problem with the micro type vehicles is that they don't offer the same level of protection to occupants in the event of an accident.

Just something to remember...:-)

Has he considered trying to pass his car test in an automatic?

If he already has the road experience it shouldn't be too much work to learn to drive an automatic. I would imagine they are very similar to the bike engine cars to drive, just with much more power.

WhiteTruckMan 23:55 09 Jun 2007

Stuartli-Ever see a reliant thats had more than a glancing blow?

[email protected] would be an ideal solution. However, for him at least there is a percieved matter of pride, especially if he were to fail. Ditto going to a driving school. Or, to look at it another way, he's being a stubborn sod. So we are looking at alternatives.

WTM

Quickbeam 20:12 10 Jun 2007

I'm used to stepping into it... a trait from school I've always had... to old to change!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?