NCR 2114 Cash register / till spares

PalaeoBill 10:56 06 Aug 2010

Not really a speakers corner topic but I thought I may have more success here than in helproom, which it doesn't really fit either.

I have a client that needs a printer roller (the purple rubber drum with raised letters and symbols on it) for an NCR 2114 till. These tills were made in their tens of thousands and I worked with them in the 1980's. I'm hoping someone has one in a garage somewhere gathering dust. I have tried all of the repair shops, spares places, etc. here and in US, all the old contacts I have including people still at NCR and have come up blank.

Please help. My client has a centenary version, the one in the brass case that looks like an antique cash register, and he would really like to get it working again.

The rubber perishes with age, some batches more readily than others, the drum cracks and then will not feed paper anymore. It was a known problem; NCR did re-manufacture the drums in plastic rather than rubber for retro-fitting. If you know of anywhere that has some of these or you have a till in your garage/loft please contact me direct via yellow envelope.

dagbladet 11:22 06 Aug 2010
  PalaeoBill 15:56 06 Aug 2010

Sounds of a grown man sobbing......

If only it was that easy.
I need a PRINTER ROLLER, not an ink roller.
If you know what a daisy wheel looks like, imagine one of those spead out onto a drum. Its a big thing, four times the size of an ink roller and it just happens to be bright purple. It sits behind the ink rollers so its not immediately obvious when you open up the printer section.

ronalddonald 19:24 08 Aug 2010

have you tried posting in the business forum

click here

PalaeoBill 19:38 08 Aug 2010

I thought that I would have more luck here. I will give it a few days and re-post. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?