Naval Award Winning Photos

Woolwell 18:18 15 Jul 2010

Some interesting photos amongst these click here

john bunyan 18:23 15 Jul 2010

Thanks for the link. Glad to see RM well represented!

ella33 18:29 15 Jul 2010

A superb link, thanks

sunnystaines 06:04 16 Jul 2010

liked the one with the view through the cockpit window of the jet on the deck.

could not make the one out with the lad in the prison cell, with his uniform hanging up in there.

Brumas 09:14 16 Jul 2010

I'm sure you are winding us up - that he is a she! The picture is of a female boxer sat pensively in the gym probably just before her next fight!

sunnystaines 15:08 16 Jul 2010

now viewed on desktop, had viewed on a laptop and missed the caption under the photo that explained all,feel a bit daft now.

john bunyan 16:08 16 Jul 2010

If you like military photos this is good:

click here

Woolwell 16:20 16 Jul 2010

I had found that site before but then forgot about it so thanks for the reminder.
I always found the RN Phot ratings to be very professional. I was taught by one to use a Hassleblad aerial camera and started a photo course with a retired phot rating but was unable to complete the course because of work constraints. Onboard the carriers they used to have a sideline as a photo studio flogging portraits, etc.

sunnystaines 17:03 16 Jul 2010

good link

john bunyan 17:12 16 Jul 2010

I agree re RN phot ratings. In my bit of the RM , in the '70's we sometimes had to take "sneaky beaky" photos - we had Nikonos Calypso wateproof cameras, and often used 1600 ASA film on up to 4 minute exposures at night. Then to ensure we had a good image we had to develop the film (not print) in the field, which involved chemicals, a cloth bag darkroom and a plastic small developing tank! No doubt our modern equavalent have digital cameras, laptops and the ability to upload by secure wireless!

Strawballs 04:25 17 Jul 2010

Good link like the Type 45 one's had an involvement in thwe building of those but really can't see why they included the riverclass OPV's as they must be one of the uglyest military ships ever to have been built.

We are currently building sections of the new Aircraft Carriers and boy are they going to be big.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?